Sunday, April 8, 2012

Photo Show Videos in Teaching

   
     This is a short video of Easter Day I made using Animoto, which is a digital tool to tell stories using photos, texts, and videos.
    I can use this video to in an English as a second-language classroom. The level of the students will be Grade One children of elementary school. With such a video, I can not only teach students some vocabularies, but also introduce them the imporatant festival--Easter Day. I gave some extra information about Easter Day such as its orign, meaning, and ways of celebration and features.
    For those higher level students, I can show this video as a model of small project. I can let students to make a 2-3 minutes video to introduce one kind of American holidays using whatever pictures or informations related to it. They can make it by themselves or work as a groups.
    It's a good way to teach and learn by digital materials like this.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

i like your idea of giving the students a model and then asking them to create their own holiday videos.